The team at MerlinOne has spent a lot of years helping customers new to the world of Digital Asset Management learn how to use their DAM systems effectively and efficiently. Along the way, we’ve learned a lot about what makes these projects successful, and some approaches that help ensure a smooth implementation. Along those lines, we’ve found that there are several areas in which up-front thought and planning can make a huge difference in the process of starting a DAM project. We’d like to share some of what we’ve learned, to help you plan for your own DAM implementation.
In the next few months, we’ll be posting a series of short articles discussing some of those issues and making some suggestions for how to make everything flow as smoothly as possible in your own DAM system.
Some of the topics we’ll cover will include:
- User rights and access – who is going to be using the files in the DAM and how are they going to be using them?
- Metadata and content management – what information do you need to store with your assets, how is it going to get there, and how will it change once the assets are in the system?
- Data structures – how are you going to control the metadata on assets in the system?
- Workflows – where does your content come from, how does it to get to the DAM, and where does it need to go from there?
- User experience – how will you present the system and content to your users?
MerlinOne Customer Service Team Manager
If you would like to learn more about MerlinOne’s products and services please….