As more companies are recognizing the importance of implementing a robust digital asset management solution, the interest in DAM conferences and other learning opportunities continues to grow. It’s easy to see why: Effective digital asset management helps marketing leaders unite teams, enables teams to meet deadlines more efficiently, improves workflows, and even provides a more organized, reliable way to manage digital rights – when you select the right DAM solution, that is. Download our white paper, Selecting a DAM – Things to Consider, below to find out what you need to know to choose the right DAM for your company’s needs.
Whether you’ve already implemented a formal digital asset management solution or are just getting started with a DAM, attending conferences and other DAM-related events is one of the best ways to learn how companies like yours are addressing the challenge of managing an ever-growing, ever-more complex collection of digital assets. Below, we’ve rounded up some of the best DAM conferences you should attend to stay on top of the latest DAM trends.
Digital Asset Management Conferences You Should Attend
Attending a digital asset management conference is a great way to hear directly from the most widely sought-after thought leaders in the industry on the latest solutions, best practices, and innovations in the DAM space. While there are many events that are relevant for those interested in DAM in various industries (check out our lists of the best branding conferences and the best healthcare marketing conferences and meetups, for instance), the number of conferences focused exclusively on digital asset management is much smaller. If you’re looking for a more DAM-focused experience, these events are a must-attend.
DAS provides attendees with a one-of-a-kind experience, with the opportunity to compare the approaches of a variety of different types of institutions who are facing similar media challenges. Content creators, technologists, and caretakers all come together to share best practices for managing digital assets throughout the entire life cycle – from production to rights management – in a unique case study format.
Hosted by the Insight Exchange Network, the Digital Asset Management Summit focuses on providing the solutions your organization needs to stay ahead of the growing challenge of digital asset management. Peer-led sessions with expert thought leaders hailing from a variety of industries make this event a must-attend both for networking opportunities and knowledge exchange.
Another event from Insight Exchange Network, Creative Operations Exchange West is focused on strategies for maturing creative operations and achieving the goals of faster, cheaper, and better, while simultaneously elevating the importance of creative ops within the organization as a strategic business partner. Learn about removing silos between internal creative groups including digital, print, photo, and video for more coordinated efforts, effective project management, and more – plus, you can participate in the tech stack roundtable to find out what tools creative ops leaders are using to boost efficiency.
Held by Henry Stewart Conferences, DAM New York is the world’s largest conference dedicated to digital asset management. Featuring more than 100 speakers and over 60 sessions, DAM New York is the event to attend if you’re seeking the latest expertise on metadata, AI, integration, semantics, rights management, and other pertinent DAM topics. DAM New York has been going strong for 17 years and counting. Henry Stewart also holds DAM Chicago and DAM San Diego, giving attendees a number of options to attend in a convenient location.
If you can’t make it to a Henry Stewart conference in the U.S., visit London for another opportunity to participate in the world’s largest DAM conference. You’ll get the opportunity to exchange knowledge and insights, gain valuable experiences, and build lasting professional relationships to expand your network.
Canto’s two-day DAM Summit Europe brings together professionals interested in DAM, DAM experts, and Canto customers and business partners to discuss DAM best practices and participate in informative workshops in a lively conference atmosphere. Breakout sessions provide a customized experience for everyday users and deep technical experts alike.
Download our white paper below to discover how DAM helps marketing leaders unite teams.
Digital Asset Management Groups & Meetups You Should Join
Want to connect with other DAM professionals in your local area? Meetups are one of the best ways to tap into the local DAM community and participate in events near you to exchange ideas and best practices with industry professionals who are working to solve the same problems in their respective organizations. Here are a few popular Meetup groups that hold regular events.
- NYC Digital Asset Managers – Join the NYC Digital Asset Managers Meetup group to share experiences, discuss the intersection of disciplines such as metadata, taxonomies, and archiving and library sciences in the field of DAM, and solutions for the challenges of asset security, user experience, and other issues facing DAM professionals.
- Los Angeles Digital Media Usergroup – The Los Angeles Digital Media Usergroup offers networking opportunities and talks on topics such as DAM, new media production and distribution, the technology behind digital media, and more.
- Digital Experience & Digital Asset Management – This Meetup group is based in Berlin, Germany and aims to provide an “in depth focus on how companies can create and manage digital experiences with images & videos.”
- Midwest Digital Asset Managers – The Chicago-based Midwest Digital Asset Managers group welcomes anyone interested in the various aspects of digital asset management and covers topics encompassing every stage of the digital asset lifecycle.
- New Jersey DAM – This group is similar to the Midwest group listed above, but based in New Jersey.
- London DAM – For those interested in networking with fellow DAM professionals in London, this group is organized by the widely recognized DAM expert, Ralph Windsor.
- DFW DAM Meetup – If you’re in the Dallas-Fort Worth area and want to connect with other professionals working in DAM or related fields, the DFW DAM Meetup is the group to join.
- Upper Midwest Digital Asset Management Meetup – Catering to those in the Upper Midwest with an interest in DAM, this group is based in Minneapolis.
- Seattle DAMSters Meetup – If you’re located in the greater Seattle area, the Seattle DAMSters Meetup is where to go to connect with like-minded peers.
- Boston DAMsters Meetup – A sister group to the Seattle group above, the Boston DAMSters Meetup caters to DAM professionals in the greater Boston region.
- Cincinnati Digital Asset Management (DAM) Meetup – If you’re located in Ohio, join the Cincinnati Digital Asset Management Meetup group to connect with peers near you.
You can browse all the DAM Meetups happening everywhere in the world here.
MerlinOne makes content creation easier so you can deliver to market faster. Download our white paper, The Content Lifecycle, below to learn how to make the content production process more efficient, faster, and accountable. Or, schedule a demo today to learn how MerlinOne’s DAM solution, trusted by the world’s most iconic brands, can transform your marketing and creative operations.