Successful brand management is vital when it comes to conveying the desired image of your product and company to consumers. It is proper brand management that tells your company’s story and establishes consumers’ perception of you. But, brand managers know that there is much more to it than that. It is creating relationships, delivering outstanding experiences, managing brand reputation, monitoring social media, personalizing interactions, and so much more.
And, that is precisely why you need tips from brand management authorities. We have scoured the web for blog posts, guides, articles, and other resources containing invaluable advice from marketing experts, MarTech leaders, and other brand management gurus to help inspire and guide you through perfecting your brand management strategy. To help you find the tips that are most useful to you, we have categorized them and alphabetized the tip sources within each category. Thus, our 50 brand management tips are not ranked or rated in any way.
- General Brand Management Tips
- Online/Social Brand Management Tips
- SMB and Enterprise-Specific Brand Management Tips
General Brand Management Tips
Pica9 is a SaaS company serving the local marketing needs of distributed brands. They put local marketing at the center of this article and examine three “household name” brands that excel at managing their brands across channels.
Three key tips from 3 Marketing Collateral Management Tips from Top Brand Managers:
- Once you discover what works, stick to it so that customers will know what to expect regardless of which location they visit
- Amplify brand awareness using highly visible offline marketing tactics
- Achieve specificity and relevance to target customers by assisting local partners in marketing around their location in real time
Hummingbird Creative Group is a full-service, award-winning branding agency that creates, manages, and revitalizes brands. They emphasize the need for a brand management plan in this article, which also includes tips for getting started in building brand awareness.
Three key tips from 4 Tips for Better Brand Management:
- Create a strong social media presence and stay on brand while showing your audience a real person manages your accounts by using humor and being serious when necessary
- Make your brand visible by maintaining a high profile and position yourself as an industry leader and share your professional knowledge
- Remain consistent in your branding and ensure everything you push out has the same message while differentiating you from your competition
The London Business School is one of the world’s top business schools. Simona Botti and David Faro’s LBS article acknowledges that behavioral science finds that consumers and managers do not simply rely on logic when making decisions; rather, they are influenced by “systematic social and cognitive biases that shape their decisions.” As such, there are implications when brand managers make decisions.
Three key tips from 5 Behavioural Tips to Build Your Brand:
- Understand and define strategies before implementing them
- Gather insights from inside and outside the company
- Consider the entire customer journey
Pete Sveen is the man behind Think Entrepreneurship, a resource for inspiring and helping entrepreneurs in their ventures. The site shares tips, advice, and inspiration in articles much like this one, which explains why brand management is a real-time concern.
Three key tips from 5 Brand Management Tips:
- Be proactive in controlling your brand’s presence in search and social media
- Use SEO to steer the conversation about your brand and rank your pages higher than the competition’s
- Engage your audience frequently with questions and interesting content and listen to their comments to improve your campaigns
iTVibes handles web design, local search engines, social media marketing, mobile sites, business apps, and lead generation. In her iTVibes article, Michele Redmon focuses on tips for digital marketers who want to improve their brand management.
Three key tips from 5 Innovative Tips to Maximize Your Brand:
- Ensure your website has a sleek, uncluttered design with relevant, consistent content
- Help your sales team act as brand ambassadors and give them the tools they need to succeed, such as customer relationship management (CRM) software
- Use marketing automation and analytics to support your brand management plan
Responsive Inbound Marketing is an inbound marketing agency and Gold HubSpot partner. In her Responsive Inbound Marketing article, Virginia Adams offers five suggestions for improving brand management, including creating a core identity and making your brand an experience.
Three key tips from 5 Tips for Better Brand Management:
- Facilitate continuous dialogue with consumers to develop relationships with them
- Be clear and consistent with messages to build recognition and trust
- Target your audience, reach them through the channels they already use, and give them the information they are looking for
Tweak Your Biz is a thought leader in global publication and the online business community. In this article, they focus on a case study of how Reputation Changer purchased Brand.com and rebranded themselves. This ideal example of brand management includes lessons that companies of nearly any size can benefit from following.
Three key tips from 5 Tips For Effective Brand Management:
- Ensure your business name accurately communicates your message
- Build relationships with authoritative sources and blogs in your niche to get brand reviews so that you can gain some control over what people say online about your brand
- Create social media profiles to make it easier for people to find you and to start a conversation with consumers
Daymond John is a well-known entrepreneur. He shares his Success Formula to help others become successful entrepreneurs. G. William Kazimer’s article for Daymond John’s Success Formula reminds readers that it is not enough to have a great product or service; you must utilize effective brand management to succeed.
Three key tips from 5 Tips for Great Brand Management:
- Everything is in a name, so choose yours wisely to ensure it is descriptive, catchy, and on-point
- Work with a graphic designer or branding expert to create your brand’s logo and company colors that will be immediately recognizable and remain consistent
- Create a connection with your audience to evoke an emotional response
Advice Interactive is an Inc. 500 digital strategy agency specializing in SEO, content marketing, social media, web design and development, and PPC. Lissa Duty’s Advice Interactive Group article highlights the need for real-time brand management while acknowledging that it is more difficult than typical brand management. She covers the systems and tools you need to have in place to be effective in your real-time brand management efforts.
Three key tips from 9 How-To Tips for Real-Time Brand Management:
- Remember that one unhappy customer has the power to create a social media crisis for your brand if you fail to respond
- Social media and review sites are here to stay, so you must address them
- Put specific tools in place to monitor your reputation and responses
Flagship Digital is a design and marketing firm specializing in branding, lead generation, and web design. Their brand management tips list intends to help you engage customers and inspire your target market and covers everything from achieving consistency to delivering quality content.
Three key tips from 9 Must-Have Tips For Successful Strategic Brand Management:
- Set an intentional brand promise to drive the rest of your brand management strategy
- Observe your competition to gain an understanding of them; then, communicate a memorable point of difference to consumers
- Connect with your target audience’s emotions by including them in your brand and building trust that will lead to loyalty
The censhare digital experience platform helps companies around the globe communicate and interact. In this article, they offer nine tips, ranging from leveraging social media to staying relevant to diverse audiences, for organizations to make their brand management strategy more effective and beat the competition.
Three key tips from 9 Simple Tips For Effective Brand Management:
- Ensure all employees, and not just sales and marketing teams, can be brand ambassadors
- Be transparent with your brand team so that everyone is aligned with a single message
- Keep pace with evolving media channels and PR networks
12. The 15 Habits of the Highly Effective Brand Manager
ReviewTrackers offers software that helps businesses measure and transform the customer experience. In his ReviewTrackers article, Brian Sparker makes the case for effective brand managers and examines the traits that everyone in this role should have in order to steer brands to success.
Three key tips from The 15 Habits of the Highly Effective Brand Manager:
- Ensure your brand manager can handle requests from multiple departments, partners, brand ambassadors, and clients all at once
- Make sure your brand manager is socially responsible so that your company can showcase social responsibility and bolster your brand reputation
- Ensure your brand manager can foster strong relationships via networking and “knows people”
Management Study Guide offers free training guides and articles for students and entrepreneurs; in fact, their complete tutorials for management studies help students learn the basics through advanced concepts. This particular article by Prachi Juneja examines the challenges brand managers face as marketing evolves and offers tips for keeping pace with those changes.
Three key tips from Brand Management Challenges in Changing Times:
- Strengthen and reaffirm brand images for consumers at all times
- Personalize messages to target customers
- Take into account the changing buying process and position your brand and communicate with consumers accordingly
Scrapality is all about frugal creativity. In this Scrapality post by Isabella Rossellini, the focus is on branding as a critical aspect of business. Specifically, Rossellini lists important rules of brand management and highlights four fundamentals to follow.
Three key tips from Brand Management Made Easy with Valuable Insights and Tips!:
- Remember your origins because it is part of your story and may create an emotional connection with consumers
- Be flexible and open to change
- Ensure your premium products or services reflect your brand
Persona Design empowers you to transform your brand and increase your sales. Lorraine Carter’s Persona Design article covers leveraging your ROI, using visuals, making use of social media platforms, and exceeding customer expectations as part of a brand management strategy.
Three key tips from Brand Management: Top 10 Tips for Managing Your Brand Reputation:
- Protect your brand’s reputation by avoiding overpromising and underdelivering
- Be strong and clear with your message at each touch point
- Engage with customers in dialogue to extend your reach and establish your brand as being authentic
HubSpot offers a full stack of marketing, sales, and CRM products. Carly Stec’s HubSpot article offers hope to companies that worry their branding needs a great deal of help. Stec lists seven pieces of branding strategy to help you get your brand back on track, including
Three key tips from Brand Strategy 101: 7 Essentials for Strong Company Branding:
- Have a defining purpose to differentiate your brand from others
- Remain consistent by avoiding talking about things that are unrelated to your brand or that do not enhance it
- Utilize emotional connections because customers are not always rational
MumsWork offers business advice, resources, case studies, and inspiration for working moms. Beverly Landais’ MumsWork article makes the case for brand management as being vital to both business and personal success and offers eight tips for creating and maintaining a brand that stands apart from the rest.
Three key tips from Eight Tips for Successful Brand Management:
- Train employees to live the brand and reward appropriate actions that they exhibit consistently
- Behave in a way that reflects your communication; after all, you will damage your brand reputation if you don’t deliver the services or products that consumers expect
- Put your brand at the center of your operations and give everyone a role to play in delivering an outstanding, on-brand experience
MarketingProfs delivers marketing know-how through resources such as newsletters, guides, courses, and research to help their community of marketers improve their practices. In his MarketingProfs article, Michael Baicoianu explores why brand managers are a hot commodity and which factors contribute to effective brand management strategy.
Three key tips from Five Things That Successful Brand Managers Do:
- Create a hybrid of strategy and creativity
- Avoid the herd mentality and help consumers spot the meaningful differences between brands
- Steer clear of initiatives that meet short-term needs while creating long-term damage
Jetline offers advanced print and design solutions. They also offer this brand management how-to, which includes tips for creating a brand strategy and a set of brand guidelines. They emphasize the importance of representing your brand consistently.
Three key tips from How to Create Brand Guidelines: Brand Management Tips:
- A branding process requires brand guidelines that describe how your brand should be used in various instances
- Keep your brand guidelines simple and easy to navigate and understand
- Ensure your brand guidelines outline the importance of your identity and detail how to utilize elements of your brand so that your entire team can have a complete understanding of your brand personality and identity
422business.com is a monthly news and issues magazine for the business community in southeastern Pennsylvania. Ron Romanik’s 422business.com article reminds readers that all touchpoints should reflect the essence of your brand and offers nine tips to ensure your brand is accessible.
Three key tips from Keep your Brand Alive: Nine tips for effective brand management:
- Determine your brand position and your story
- Determine which element is the single message you want to convey about your product
- Simplify your brand by limiting marketing claims and benefit statements to two or three to avoid confusing customers
Martin Roll is a business and brand strategist and CEO mentor who facilitates C-suite change. This article makes mention of the fact that Roll was featured in Ekonomist Magazine Turkey, and it highlights the need for companies to keep up to date with brand management trends to be successful.
Three key tips from Martin Roll Featured in Ekonomist Magazine: Best Practices in Global Brand Management:
- Achieve a strategic balance between the brand, corporate vision, and entire organization
- Leadership must ensure the “brand delivers successfully and seamlessly at every customer touchpoint, so that the brand supports the overall strategic intentions”
- Effective practices must consist of a unique brand promise and an exceptional brand delivery “with functional and emotional attributes working as hygiene factors”
Social Media Week celebrates human connectivity and the power that technology provides to bring the world closer together. Brian Hughes, digital marketing expert, implores companies to listen to the things that are said about your brand on social media and across platforms.
Three key tips from Shut Up and Listen! Tips for Better Brand Management in 2015:
- Utilize listening tools to monitor social media, blogs, and websites for keywords
- Listen to the good and the bad
- Use social media management tools to strengthen your approach and improve productivity
CMSWire provides daily coverage and best practices for enterprise digital experience, web CMS, customer experience, voice of the customer, digital workplace, and information management. Pierre DeBois’ CMSWire article emphasizes the need to vet ad quality to protect brand integrity and manage how businesses are perceived in relation to world events.
Three key tips from Tips for Avoiding and Managing Costly Branding Associations:
- Be cautious of associating your product or brand with social issues because you likely will get too far off-message
- If your brand comments too much on high-profile social issues, you invite unwanted responses from consumers
- Incorporate smart data into models to gain a better understanding of what is associated with your message
Online/Social Brand Management Tips
Entrepreneur is known for inspiring, informing, and celebrating entrepreneurs. Online marketing expert and entrepreneur Ayodeji Onibalusi’s Entrepreneur article acknowledges the difficulties in managing an online reputation and points to three pieces of advice from YBus CEO, Fernando Azevedo, on crafting a positive online presence.
Three key tips from 3 Expert Tips for Managing Your Brand Reputation Online:
- Shaping your image on the internet is a round-the-clock task
- Observe leading brands to determine what works for them and determine how to follow suit
- Avoid remaining silent when a crisis arises; keep delivering information and maintain “a solid online presence”
Lucidpress is a brand management and design tool that helps users create amazing content with custom, lockable templates. Arash Asli’s Lucidpress article claims that brand management “is about managing those conversations while nurturing a positive perception at the same time.”
Three key tips from 4 Easy Tips for Effective Online Brand Management:
- Actively monitor what is said about your brand online and utilize metrics to get an overview of how your brand is performing
- Help customers become brand ambassadors by continuously encouraging them to write reviews
- Address customer complaints on social media and other platforms because you have a 27% chance of customers never doing business with you again if you ignore them
Workpop is the first applicant hiring system that goes beyond tracking applicants to deliver the best candidate experience to win in today’s talent market. Kelly Jensen explores ways to more effectively align your brand on and offline to ensure it translates digitally to consumers and job candidates in her Workpop article.
Three key tips from 5 Tips for Effective Digital Brand Management:
- Understand metrics for site performance, brand monitoring, SEO, and security to learn which initiatives drive strong results and which need more work
- Research buyer habits and learn as much as possible about your audience to anticipate their needs and complaints to beat the competition
- Ensure brand consistency across aesthetics, content, and functionality
AllBusiness, the world’s largest online resource for small businesses, provides essential tools and resources for starting, growing, and managing your business. The focus of Miranda Marquit’s AllBusiness article is improving online brand reputation management, especially now that one bad customer experience can drastically impact your bottom line.
Three key tips from 5 Tips for Effective Online Reputation Management:
- Be aware of what is happening online with your brand and what others say about it
- Remain relevant to rank higher in search results by delivering fresh content and monitoring your social profiles regularly
- Continue building relationships with your audience so that they feel connected to you and impelled to defend the brand as needed
A media and entertainment company, Mashable is a leading source for news, information, and resources for the connected generation. Jennifer Van Grove’s Mashable article encourages companies to engage in meaningful ways with brand advocates and detractors and remain vigilant in keeping an eye on social media. Her tips come from leading marketers at big brand names, like Brad Nelson and Joel Frey.
Three key tips from 5 Tips for Managing Your Company’s Brand on the Web:
- Allow customers to say it for you, as in retweeting content from happy consumers
- Provide a consistent customer experience across all platforms
- Do not allow your ego to get the best of you and caution against using sarcasm when interacting with customers online
Sprout Social is a social media management platform for businesses. Dominique Jackson’s Sprout Social article offers suggestions for brand managers whose brands are not being presented as they want them to be on social media. After all, you need to set your brand apart and reach your target audience on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook to build your brand.
Three key tips from 10 Social Media Branding Strategies Every Business Should Follow:
- Use the social networks that align with your brand’s image and goals by determining on which your target audience is most active
- Keep your visual branding consistent across all channels so people can immediately recognize your company regardless of which they use
- Develop a social media voice for communicating on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram: consider your company culture, audience, and authenticity
Smart Insights is a publishing and learning platform helping marketers plan, manage, and optimize marketing with guides, playbooks and eLearning modules. This Smart Insights article emphasizes the need for growing brands to utilize Instagram and shares 10 ways to better manage your brand using the platform.
Three key tips from 10 Tips for Improving Your Branding on Instagram:
- Prioritize visuals so customers can recognize your brand immediately, even at a glance
- Employ a social media manager with design or photography experience
- Use hashtags to help users discover your brand on Twitter and Instagram
Outbrain, the world’s largest discovery platform, helps users reach engaged audiences while driving better results for your business. This Outbrain article offers some simple ways that any company can handle online brand management, from participating in brand discussions to being as transparent as possible.
Three key tips from [Beginner] Tips for Managing Brand Online Presence and Protecting Brand Digital Reputation:
- Share others’ content that meets your goals to add an authoritative source and validate your own opinion of your brand
- Avoid targeting too many niches and sending confusing messages to followers by creating brand guidelines
- Use tools to track your online reputation and tackle online brand management
Clicks Bazaar is a leader in internet marketing that helps companies create online brands. In this article, the Clicks Bazaar team shares tips for online brand management with the ultimate goal of helping companies use their online branding budgets wisely.
Three key tips from Best Tips for Online Brand Management:
- Focus first on online reviews, especially if your brand is new to the internet, because potential customers will look for positive reviews of products and services
- Utilize a variety of branding techniques and channels to get people’s attention
- Use your ads to generate curiosity and ensure they are informative, yet fascinating
Olumuyiwa George is a digital marketer and brand communications strategist at Delurge Consulting. In this LinkedIn article, George emphasizes the need for online brand reputation management and offers three tips for managing it successfully.
Three key tips from Brand Management: 3 tips to help manage your brand’s online reputation:
- Prevent damage to your reputation by providing excellent service that will not prompt negative mentions on social media
- Encourage customers to leave positive reviews
- Hire a professional reputation manager to help establish your brand’s online presence and actively monitor conversations while providing feedback on issues that could damage your brand
Social Media Today delivers social media insights, best practices, and tips from the best thinkers in social marketing. Alesia Krush’s Social Media Today article explains that managing your brand on social media goes beyond creating accounts with consistent visuals; you need to utilize best practices to maximize the return on your social media management efforts.
Three key tips from Brand Management on Social Media: Be Different, Positive and Consistent:
- Find your social media voice; remember, it should be unique
- Make sure the total negativity and positivity associated with your brand online balances on the positive side by addressing negative feedback, responding to negative feedback positively, and being honest when resolving conflicts
- Be consistent and establish social media publishing guidelines
Media Novak builds websites for filmmakers, photographers, and small business owners. Mark Stokes’ Media Novak article centers on effective brand management and offers tips for engaging in meaningful methods with brand advocates and continuously managing your online brand in order to achieve success.
Three key tips from Effective Brand Management | The Best Tips to Make Your Online Brands Shine:
- Properly communicate your message to ensure your message is at the center of everything you offer
- Reflect a professional image to help your brand become more established and successful
- Ensure brand continuity to help customers recognize you and remain with you
Gray Digital Group is a full-service interactive agency combining creativity and technology to develop websites and web-based marketing strategies for their clients. Their article is geared toward companies that are beginning to develop their brand’s social media presence on Facebook.
Three key tips from Eleven Tips for Beginning Facebook Brand Management:
- Use a conversational tone
- Have a social strategy in place to prepare for the daily conversations occurring within your brand
- Use negative comments as an opportunity to improve your relationship with customers and build your brand
TopRank Marketing is a digital marketing agency serving enterprise B2B brands with a simple marketing strategy: attract, engage, and convert. Ashley Zeckman’s TopRank Marketing article shares highlights from a presentation and interview with Rick Wion, McDonald’s director of social media, about how the corporation handles brand management.
Three key tips from Haters Gonna Hate: Tips on Brand Management from McDonald’s #BWENY:
- Address negative comments on social media quickly
- Prepare for negative feedback by monitoring conversations, using multiple monitoring and data collection tools, implementing regular reviews, and tracking the macro while watching the micro
- Be smart and selective about responses to negative feedback
RTi, a global market research company, delivers innovative, custom, research-based business solutions to a broad and diverse client base. In this article, the RTi team acknowledges that brand managers no longer have the loudest, strongest voice because of social media. Consumers’ voices are louder and stronger now, which means that marketers don’t have as much control over the shared messages.
Three key tips from How Has Social Media Changed Brand Management?:
- Continually monitor your brand health to look for deviations from the intended strategy and messaging
- Be proactive by having action plans in place
- Deliver a clear, consistent brand message across multiple channels
SnappConner PR is a premier agency driven to advance the role of communications as a central business strategy. Kelly Wanlass’ article details how to handle negative reviews and turn the conversation around to put your brand in a more positive light.
Three key tips from How to Respond to Negative Reviews or Comments on a Blog:
- Keep in mind that your responses can make things better or much worse by drawing attention to issues you should have handled privately
- Be objective when deciding the significance of the issue and the credibility of the person posting it
- Remain professional and avoid arguing or responding angrily
Bearly Marketing creates high-quality online content, graphics, and social media management. Their article reminds marketers that they should not overlook social media because of its growing influence on brand perception and emphasizes the importance of brand using Coca-Cola as an example.
Three key tips from The Importance of Brand Management in Social Media:
- Use a simple, instantly recognizable image
- Carefully analyze and fine-tune the relationship and perception that consumers have of your brand
- Social media has the power to make brand management faster and more direct, in addition to more transparent and far-reaching
Quarles & Brady is a full-service law firm. Partner Johanna Wilbert presents tips for managing the brand and mitigating crises on social media and illustrates the importance of doing so because of social media’s impact on brand value.
Three key tips from Social Media: Tips for Brand Management and Crisis Management:
- Handle real-time advertising with care
- Check hashtags for trademark use
- Preempt a crisis by monitoring social media, having a social media plan, preparing pre-approved statements, responding to take-down requests promptly, and evaluating which standards to use for deleting or commenting
CDG is a brand design agency that focuses on creating compelling digital solutions to speak intelligently to your customers. In this article, the CDG team asserts that social media has changed brand management greatly and urges companies to heed consumer-generated brand stories if they hope to ensure brand success.
Three key tips from Social Media’s Impact On Brand Management:
- Author captivating brand stories to strengthen your brand’s position in consumers’ minds
- Putting your brand story on social media is much more powerful than distributing it on traditional channels
- Actively motivate consumers to tell beneficial stories about your brand on social media
Danesc Rep 24/7 is a trusted Atlanta consulting firm that centers on website development and online marketing services. Their article urges companies to carefully monitor brand reputation and protect it by building “a positive, engaging online presence.”
Three key tips from Top 10 Brand Management Tips for Your Online Reputation:
- Claim your business listings and verify your pages to gain control over your brand’s sites and profiles while preventing others from undermining your company
- Establish your brand as an expert by creating a blog and sharing valuable information with people while expanding your online reach
- Defuse negative comments by addressing them directly instead of deleting or ignoring them
44. Top Online Reputation Management Tips for Your Brand
Spenta Digital is a full-service digital marketing agency. In this article, Spenta classifies online reputation management as “an important element of online marketing” and points out that it is one that has been around for years. Unfortunately, companies that don’t invest in creating a solid online presence and cultivating a positive reputation suffer in the form of lost revenues, repairing damage, and lacking an online presence.
Three key tips from Top Online Reputation Management Tips for Your Brand:
- Be authentic and transparent to connect with customers and better understand their behavior
- Address negative reviews and mitigate them by promising to make corrections and offering something positive
- Regularly monitor your online and social brand management efforts
45. Why Online Brand Management Matters (Even Offline)
Business News Daily strives to help entrepreneurs build businesses of their dreams and make better decisions about products, services, and ideas. Nicole Fallon’s Business News Daily article examines why you cannot neglect your online brand presence; namely, consumers get their first impression of your brand online.
Three key tips from Why Online Brand Management Matters (Even Offline):
- Put time and energy into maintaining your brand presence
- Ensure online searchers get results to boost your brand’s credibility by managing search engine results
- Make sure your company’s outgoing email supports your brand
SMB and Enterprise-Specific Brand Management Tips
ShopKeep delivers iPad point of sale with reporting, analytics, and 24/7 support to help grow your business. ShopKeep also delivers insights for small businesses in this article, which touts the benefits of brand management and offers tips for approaching it successfully.
Three key tips from 3 Tips for Smarter Brand Management in Small Business:
- Develop a thorough understanding of your brand by including your employees and yourself in answering questions about it
- Take online reviews seriously and use them as an opportunity to showcase your brand’s authenticity; don’t be discouraged by negative reviews, but be sure to respond to them to demonstrate dedication to customer experience
- Engage in social media in a way that is a true representation of your brand to build it out and become more visible to customers and potential employees
The National Center for the Middle Market ensures that mid-market companies are recognized as being fundamental to the nation’s economy. Erik Sherman’s article emphasizes the need for brand management for these companies, their products, and their services and offers tips for making your name recognizable and to reach into the hearts and minds of customers.
Three key tips from 6 Brand Management Tips for Middle Market Companies:
- Survey customers to learn what they think about your brand
- Rely on content marketing to provide useful information to customers, demonstrate expertise, build trust, and continue to build relationships with customers
- Remain positive toward your competition
The Financial Brand presents ideas, insights, and inspiration for financial marketing executives. Jon Blakeney’s The Financial Brand article shares expert tips for brand management in the financial sector, considering the fact that “most financial institutions struggle to achieve consistency from one touchpoint to the next.”
Three key tips we like from 9 Experts Discuss the Biggest Challenges of Bank Branding:
- Align all consumer-facing channels to ensure a consistent customer experience
- Focus on regaining customer trust and build your reputation
- Focus on leaders’ personal brands and show the faces behind the financial institution to win back trust and create positive emotional connections with consumers
Small Business Trends delivers original news, information, and resources to entrepreneurs, owners, and managers and includes a digital magazine. Anne Pilon’s Small Business Trends article centers on brand management for small businesses and offers tips from members of the online small business community.
Three key tips from 10 Tips for Managing Your Brand and Running Your Small Business:
- Strive to become a thought leader in your industry to increase trust and build a better reputation for your brand
- Don’t overlook possible online promotional tactics for your small business brand
- Use content marketing and promote your content with promotional tactics
The DRIVE Blog helps small businesses, entrepreneurs, and local businesses get ahead with expert tips and advice on business, marketing, and more. In her article for The DRIVE, April Atwood encourages small business owners to use effective brand management to help your products get noticed and set your brand apart from the competition. She also shares tips and strategies from Cam Proudfoot, president of G.B. Proudfoot’s Natural Body & Hair Care.
Three key tips from Boring Marketing is the Pits: 3 Tips to Make Your Brand Pop:
- Rely on grass-roots marketing efforts like social media, word-of-mouth marketing, and showcasing products in-person to generate buzz about your brand
- Dare to be different with your brand management strategy to make it stand out
- Focus on marketing and take a risk to differentiate your brand