Healthcare marketers find themselves facing a completely different landscape from ten years ago. You had your traditional sales funnels and did your best to find the target audience most receptive to the healthcare products or services your company or client was offering.
Fast-forward to the present, and you’re now faced with tracking digital efforts as well. It’s not just about sending out well-timed email blasts; you need to track whether you’re getting the response you’re aiming for and whether that response is producing ROI.
Additionally, today’s marketing teams are often spread across the U.S. – even the globe. It’s essential to have the right tools on hand to keep everything coordinated and make sure that your marketing initiatives are both comprehensive and cohesive across channels.
That’s why we’ve created this list of the top tools covering the needs of today’s healthcare marketers. You’ll find tools to help you collaborate with your teams, platforms that help you monitor conversations surrounding your brand, and tools that facilitate the seamless management of multiple social media profiles to engage your audience. There are even tools to help you create aesthetically pleasing, eye-catching designs for your marketing and sales collateral. Note that the tools below are not rated or ranked in any way, so they’re not listed in any particular order of importance, but they are categorized to help you quickly find the right tools to power your healthcare marketing initiatives:
- Project Management Tools
- SEO Tools
- Social Media Tools
- Lead Scoring/Management Tools
- Brand/Digital Asset Management Tools
- CRM Tools
- Analytics Tools
- Design Tools
- Email Marketing Tools
Project Management Tools
It’s easy to get lost in emails when you’re trying to keep your sales and marketing teams coordinated. Basecamp allows you to keep everyone coordinated and focused on each new campaign initiative.
- Provides the ability to post real-time announcements
- Has an easy to use schedule for tracking important dates
- Lets you create discussion boards for each new healthcare promotions
Wrike promotes efficiency with its wide-ranging suite of marketing options. You can easily share files containing information on some new services offered by your practice or coordinate on press releases with the rest of your team.
- Lets you create individualized workflows for different workgroups
- Shows you live timeline updates
- Allows you to prioritize projects
Take advantage of the interactive lists and dashboards to keep your latest healthcare campaign on track. Customize the card feature to put everything you to know right in front of you.
- Add important notes and comments about specific campaign items
- Lets you bring in other members of the organization for feedback
- Syncs across all your desktop and mobile devices
You’ll find access to everything here to manage your blogs, including search engine optimization. It has a built-in CRM designed to manage all your healthcare contacts into specialized lists.
- Contains automated email workflows
- Has built-in reporting tools
- Also available as an app for easy mobile access
One of Teamwork’s best features is how easily it lets you coordinate different projects at the same time. It integrates well with popular applications like Microsoft Office, Dropbox, and Google Drive.
- Allows you to add an unlimited number of users
- Track time for your various healthcare marketing projects
- Mobile app works well across many different devices
Clarizen’s reporting features let you quickly pull together numbers on how well you’re doing managing campaigns for individual healthcare clients. The UI configures itself to fit any device, making it easy for workers to log in from any device.
- Lets every user see updates in real time
- Gives you the ability to automate common business tasks
- Allows you to design workflows suited to your particular style of working
Slack makes managing projects easy by allowing you to quickly create and assign marketing tasks with a specific deadline. Managers can easily track the progress of different campaigns by setting them up in their own channels.
- Works well with software like Google Docs and MailChimp
- Contains powerful team communication features
- Completely eliminates the need for email chains
The easy-to-understand configuration lets you quickly catch up on where projects might be lagging. Keep your team updated in real time with dashboards visible to your entire marketing firm.
- Contains a secure document archive for sensitive data
- Allows you to send comments and notes to other members of your workgroup
- The company makes unlimited support and training available
Function Point gives you quick insights into everything from your budgeting to how well your latest campaign effort track with your core audience. It also lets you create Project Briefs to keep everyone focused on their tasks.
- Makes it easy to assign tasks to team members
- Allows you to make bulk edits to marketing project items
- Features a scheduler automating your most common repeat tasks
This all-in-one tool helps healthcare marketers manage the time spent on campaigns. It also allows you to coordinate directly with your healthcare clients to get the final sign-offs you need to kick off their latest promotion.
- Has budgeting and expense tracking features
- Makes invoicing quick and easy
- Shows you what’s happening with your social media activity
Find the keywords key to drawing the right audience for your healthcare client’s products or services. It also provides you with alternatives to populate throughout your content.
- Provides you with numerous long-tailed options
- Lets you see confidence scores for each keyword
- Allows you to see how many competitors use various keywords
Get the jump on your competitors by getting data on what keywords they’re using, the performance of their backlinks, and who’s referring them. You just paste in their URL and use their own information to formulate your own SEO content.
- Available in a free and paid pro version
- Lets you know how much effort it would take to get ranked with certain keywords
- Gives you accurate costs to make keyword bids
Get the best backlink options by using this tool to gather all the information you need in one place. Look at how each performs, and which ones rank higher than others.
- Helps you eliminate Google Manual Action Penalties
- Continuously monitors new links to different domains
- Recovers lost or broken links after a site migration
Buzzstream distinguishes itself with its built-in PR capabilities. It also allows you to work with team members to build large links and coordinate with other influencers in the healthcare market.
- Gathers all the information you need on individual influencers
- Lets you immediately see what is and isn’t working for your healthcare marketing campaign
- Tracks your conversations and allows you to set follow-ups
KWFinder finds out everything you need to know on keywords you think might benefit your healthcare marketing materials. You’ll be able to figure out quickly if you want to stick with a keyword or pursue other options.
- The free version gives you three free searches every 24 hours
- Provides you with trends, CPC, and search volume info
- Lets you see your long-tailed options along with a difficulty value
Social Media Tools
SocialDrift lets healthcare marketers schedule posts across any platform for any time of the day. You’ll be able to provide fresh and timely updates, making your social site more appealing to frequent visitors.
- Keeps you informed on the performance of your postings
- Lets team members collaborate and provide feedback on new updates
- Gives you a view of all social media platforms in one dashboard
17. Sprout Social
Sprout Social lets healthcare marketing managers provide different levels of access to team members. They also get a high-level view of the performance of campaign updates on different social media platforms.
- Provides detailed analytics on how different social media platforms respond to material
- Gives users post scheduling capabilities
- Allows you to see how different demographics utilize different social media sites
Sendible specializes in helping healthcare marketers organize campaigns for different clients on multiple social media sites. It also comes with a content engine making content suggestions for your target audience.
- It lets you set up individual inboxes for different client brands
- Streamlines communication on social media updates between workgroups
- Comes with fully interactive calendars for scheduling
Buffer gives you insight into how your posts perform on various social media sites. Get detailed information on how many likes, tweets, and shares you’re generating from your updates.
- Schedule postings on any platform at your convenience
- Also available as an Android or iOS app
- Lets you create reports to view all your feedback as a snapshot
This is a great tool for smaller healthcare marketing agencies in need of an uncomplicated tool with a small learning curve. It provides automated posting for your social media content and lets you provide ROI to clients on your social media efforts.
- Lets you track conversions from different channels
- Allows team members to approve and save content in cloud storage
- Makes it possible to filter through important social media conversations
Lead Scoring/Management Tools
Pardot’s a great solution for healthcare marketing firms focused on B2B customers. It allows you to track and rank each lead that comes in, helping you know when it’s time to bring in the sales team to close.
- Lets you see what tactics generate the strongest leads
- Allows you to test out how each new campaign works on your target audience
- Helps you get ahead of the competition in finding viable new leads
Infusionsoft lets you manage customer relationships from the time they make an initial contact until they’re ready to make a purchase. It pulls all your contacts together in one place for easy access by the entire team.
- Lets you pull a history of your customer interactions
- Allows you to build follow-up campaigns for target customer groups
- Gives you the ability to create customized messages that appeal on a personal level
23. Campaign Monitor
Campaign Monitor’s cloud-based solution lets healthcare marketers track their client’s audience and how positively they respond to your marketing efforts. It also connects easily to other business apps like Shopify, WordPress, and Google Analytics.
- Helps you curate more of your target audiences into providing positive responses
- Shows you how customers like to engage with you
- It lets you create transactional branded emails
Act-on lets healthcare marketers categorize leads and requires very little set-up from an IT department. It’s great for smaller healthcare marketers working with limited staff.
- Helps you target your best conversion prospects
- Accounts for job titles, websites visited, how leads made contact, and many other aspects
- Lets your marketing and sales teams coordinate on how to handle different leads
Net-Results lets you create organized marketing workflows depending on how you’ve categorized your leads. Quickly automate list creation for sharing among your staff.
- Allows you to perform lead scoring at different levels
- Lets you create multiple branches for your healthcare marketing campaigns
- Provides you with alerts on various actions taken
Brand/Digital Asset Management Tools
MerlinOne gives you full control over all your content. Everything’s stored in one place to allow streamlined access to content. It’s used by top brands like the New York Times, ABC, and Mount Sinai Hospital.
- Fully HIPAA-compliant for sensitive healthcare data.
- Converts complex files with one click of your mouse or keyboard
- You choose whether to store information on-site or within a cloud solution
Webdam helps healthcare marketers manage the content used in your healthcare marketing campaigns. Integrated workflows let team members collaborate on different items for approval.
- Keep your videos, pictures, and other media in one central location.
- Place strict controls over who accesses your content
- Makes it easy to find different items by metadata, keywords, or titles
IntelligenceBank helps healthcare marketers gain control of all their digital assets. Add proprietary watermarks or other features to keep your content from being used without permission.
- Allows you to upload files in bulk
- Lets you preview all your media files
- Presents your media files in different organizational formats
29. Review Trackers
Use ReviewTrackers to stay on top of how a client’s brand is viewed by their core audience. Get valuable feedback on how you can modify your firm’s approach to different marketing campaigns.
- Looks at over 80 popular online sites like Yelp and Google.
- Compiles reputations scores for your review
- Gives you the opportunity to respond directly to your audience
30. MarCom Central
Use MarCom to store your media and marketing assets in one central location. Set the restrictions at different levels to prevent any unauthorized use.
- Provides support for many common file formats
- Allows you to group all your related media together
- Lets you securely share files back and forth with your healthcare marketing clients
Pipedrive gives you a clear view of how things are progressing on your various healthcare marketing campaigns. Use it to gain control and allow for coordination among everyone in your organization.
- Send emails directly from the platform
- Create activities and reminders for different initiatives
- Provides mobile apps for on-the-go coordination from any device
Health Cloud allows you to focus on the needs of your clients. It lets you provide feedback and insight into the results coming in from your marketing efforts on their behalf.
- Lets you connect across different media channels
- Keeps everyone unified on one integrated platform
- Helps you track feedback about your client’s products
InflFlo prides itself on being an affordable solution that coordinates easily with software like QuickBooks and Outlook. Keep track of what your client’s core customers are saying about their services.
- Allows teams to coordinate and respond immediately with their clients
- You can customize the different features you want to be included in your platform
- The company provides you with free upgrades over the life of the software
34. ProsperWorks CRM
G Suite users will love how well this software integrates with all aspects of the platform. It lets you keep all your leads together to prevent them from getting lost in the shuffle.
- Allows you to automate your data entry tasks
- Syncs up all Google contacts automatically
- Provides you with real-time tracking of who opens and views your emails
Coordinate marketing activity for all your clients seamlessly thanks to the interactive dashboards provided. Get visibility into all aspects of your marketing efforts.
- Allows you to track interactions with different customers
- Lets you do event planning and plan out bookings
- Makes it easy to collaborate with your team on campaigns
Snaplytics lets healthcare marketers track how your campaigns are performing on Instagram and Snapchat. Most tools on the market can’t provide this type of in-depth analysis of these platforms.
- Get automated results from your postings
- Create monthly reports for clients
- Compares your ROI across each platform
Iconosquare focuses exclusively on marketing efforts on Instagram. It examines how well users respond to the pictures and videos your firm posts for clients.
- Provides data on your Instagram story performances
- Allows you to monitor comments regarding your client’s products and services
- Lets you schedule new Instagram postings
Get a new perspective on how well content from your client’s website performs on social media. Look at what’s popular and where you can improve on different offerings.
- Get solid numbers on how often different content gets shared on individual social media platforms
- Figure out which type of content suits individual social media outlets
- Filter information by days, weeks, or months
39. Adobe Analytics
Keep track of how your data is being consumed across the web. Adobe Analytics provides you with valuable insight on things like video shares and content consumption.
- Lets you track how often users share your content on third-party and mobile applications
- Learn to predict how well content will perform on a specific platform
- Get actionable ROI on all your web and social media marketing efforts
Angelfish Actual Metrics gives you a simple view of statistics related to your client’s web and social media sites. You’re also provided with a full analysis of any broken links or bandwidth issues.
- Tracks hidden visitors who normally block analytics software
- Get a full view of all data points
- Allow you to perform detailed analysis of any spike in visitors
Build one of a kind presentations and social media designs with Canva’s drag and drop functionality. Create content that pops across all internet channels.
- Allows you to create mockups to share with your team and clients
- Add different photo effects for impact
- Correct problems with any images
Stencil lets you create any social media marketing concepts you can think of. It comes with tons of templates to help you get started.
- Has a very low learning curve
- Lets you quickly push out images to social media sites
- Works on large and small screens
Do you like the look of colorful graphs and charts on your websites and electronic media? Piktocharts makes it easy to use data to build out easy to understand graphics for clients and users.
- Also provides you with report design options
- Create presentations to deliver to your clients
- Coordinate your designs and color schemes
Make easy adjustments to any of your client’s favorite photos for media campaigns. Add design touches from your own collection of images or from PicMonkey’s templates.
- Use an array of filters and overlay tools
- Create collages from your favorite image collections
- Build designs in the mobile app on Android or iOS
Combine all your resources for digital and printed materials in one place. Create anything you need to provide your clients with top-notch promotional designs.
- Design ads for Facebook or Google
- Come up with individual letterheads for client correspondence
- Create vision boards for more involved designs
Email Marketing Tools
46. Constant Contact
Constant Contact allows healthcare marketers to come up with unique email campaigns designed to fit the needs of their clients. It’s easy to set up and gives you a great deal of control over managing email campaigns.
- Choose from over 100 available templates to get started
- Import email addresses from your web and social media sites
- Get real-time reporting on how well your emails perform
Emails need to look great on any size device. Vertical Response helps you craft emails that provide an impact on screens large and small.
- Automate when emails get sent out to specific contacts
- Gear visitors to a specific landing page on your website
- Get quick feedback from your customer base
Pick from over 900 different email templates and tailor them to your healthcare client’s marketing campaign. You’re able to target lists to different audience demographics with ease.
- Get scoring that shows you how to build better client lists
- Review reporting telling you how recipients respond to your efforts
- Tailor emails to a customer’s spending habits
Healthcare marketers will love how easily SendinBlue allows you to create email campaigns suited to your client’s needs. Just drag and drop in information to create high-quality communications in minutes.
- Segment and track all your different contacts
- Build contact forms to capture crucial customer information
- Get detailed reporting on all your
GetResponse assists healthcare marketers in their efforts to grow their client’s content base and pull in potential leads. It’s used by top brands like Avon, Hilton, and Forbes.
- Use pure HTML or the convenient drag and drop editor to design emails
- Incorporate any of over 1,000 iStock images included with your account
- The preview mode lets you view how each change in your design will appear at the end
What marketing tools are essentials in your healthcare marketing toolkit?